For updates on the development of the new Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Economic Strategy please visit our website
For more information or if you have questions, please email:
A new Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander economic strategy
We want to hear your views on the development of a new Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander economic strategy.
Your feedback will help strengthen the Queensland Government's approach to increase economic growth and empowerment for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Queenslanders.
This consultation is a key step in shaping how we work with First Nations communities, businesses and industries and is part of the Queensland Government’s commitment to strengthening First Nations self-determination through economic empowerment.
In developing the new strategy, the knowledge, perspectives and understanding of First Nations peoples, businesses and industry are critical.
Your input will help:
- Deliver a long-term, transformational framework for industry, corporates, Governments, Indigenous businesses, communities and First Nations peoples on employment, economic participation and economic self-determination
- Disrupt the status quo so structural changes empower cooperation and partnership to improve employment and economic participation outcomes for Indigenous business and communities, and First Nations peoples
- Provide a strengths-based approach to provide industry, corporates and Governments with a framework to deliver improved outcomes with Indigenous businesses, communities and First Nations peoples
Need to talk?
If you find any of the topics discussed distressing and would like to talk with someone about it, you can access free, confidential support 24 hours a day, seven days a week:
- call 13 11 14
- email and web chat available via lifeline.org.au
- 1300 224 636
- email and web chat available via beyondblue.org.au
- Social, emotional and cultural wellbeing online resources for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People via wellmob.org.au