Queensland Communities Hub - qld.gov.au/qchub website (“QC Hub") is an online space where you can have a say about issues that matter to you.
Our community guidelines are designed to ensure that the QC Hub is an enjoyable, inspiring and safe online space for all our users. They boil down to common sense, basic courtesy and respect.
When we say online community we mean all of the places on the QC Hub where users can contribute to projects, and interact with each other.
We may update these guidelines from time to time and recommend that you check back once in a while.
The most effective way to share your opinion is through constructive contributions. Some things you can do to contribute to a safe and interactive community include:
- get involved; share your knowledge
- interact with other users; “like” and ”unlike” other contributions, reply and comment on others ideas and posts
- respect other people; don’t swear, abuse or write mean things
- keep it friendly; it’s okay to have a different opinion
- keep a few secrets; don’t tell others private things about you or people you know online, and do not reveal the identity of a child in out-of-home care
- give credit; don’t post material that infringes the intellectual property rights of others
- stay on topic; keep your posts focused on what we are talking about
- contact us; let us know if you have a question, want more info, or if you need to report a post or person, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Some things you should avoid:
- don’t post anything illegal or inappropriate; racist, sexist, discriminatory, pornographic or violent
- don’t attack, slander or “troll” another person or encourage other people to do the same
- never reveal anything personal about yourself or people you know
- constructive criticism is okay, you can respond to an opinion but don’t be mean and insult or threaten other people
- don’t post complaints and/or defamatory or libelous comments about any person, organisation or department, their employers or representatives
- don’t promote commercial interests in your posts, and don’t post overtly party political comment
- don’t post embedded content or links to advertising, illegal or offensive information.
All comments and ideas submitted to the QC Hub will be moderated before they are made public.
As a minimum, you can expect us to be here to moderate this site during normal business hours. That means that sometimes, if you post and idea at 6pm of Friday night, you may not see it go live until Monday morning. Don’t worry, we will send you an email to let you know when your idea or comment has been published.
Comments, ideas or submissions that contain any of the following will not be published:
- anything illegal or inappropriate; racist, sexist, discriminatory, pornographic or violent
- attacking, slanderous or “trolling” another person or encouraging other people to do the same
- any personal details about yourself or people you know
- content that is considered mean, insulting or threatening to other people
- complaints and/or defamatory or libelous comments about any person, organisation or department, their employers or representatives
- content that promotes commercial interests or overtly political content
- embedded content or links to advertising, illegal or offensive information.
QC Hub moderators have the right to make decisions about community users who breach community guidelines by warning, temporarily suspending or deactivating community user accounts. Users who do not comply with community guidelines or community moderation may face the following:
- first time – a user will receive an email with an explanation about why their behavior or action was inappropriate
- second time – a user will have their account suspended for 7 days and will receive notification of this action via email, with an explanation about why their behavior was inappropriate
- third time – the user will have their account permanently disabled and will receive notification of this action via email, a link to the Community Guidelines and an explanation about why their behavior was inappropriate.
If you would like to speak to someone about the QC Hub you can email us at email@example.com
Need to talk?
If you feel upset by any of the topics on the QC Hub and would like to talk with someone about it, you may want to reach out to a trusted friend or a good mate. It's also good to know that you can access free, confidential support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week:
- Kids Helpline 1800 551 800
- Youth Beyondblue